2. Identification files are computer data (text files) that are stored on subscriber’s equipment and intended for use by websites. Identification files usually contain the name of the site, the time they are stored on the user’s device, and a unique number.
3. The publisher of the website that can be used in the Identification files is the European Agricultural Agency OU with its registered office at Roosikrantsi tn 2-335, Tallinn, 10119, Estonia, hereinafter referred to as “Agronews”. Identification files can be used for:
- adapting Web content preferences of the user and services in order to optimize the use of Web sites; In particular, these files allow you to recognize the technical characteristics of the user’s device and correctly display web pages according to their individual needs;
- receiving statistical data that will help to understand what advantages users receive from viewing web pages; it allows to improve the structure and content of these pages;
- users’ sessions maintenance (after logging in), in order not to re-enter the login and password on each page of the new portal service;
- sending of advertising content to users taking into account their interests.
4. Several kinds of Identification files are used on the Agronews portal, for example:
- “Essential” Cookies, which allows you to use services, for example, authentication cookies used for services that require authentication through services. From the point of view the Portal visitor, it means: “Only cookies that may be necessary for me to operate on the portal are allowed, but they do not track my behavior.”
- “Performance” Cookies to analyze how visitors use our website and also monitor the operation of the website. These cookies do not collect information that identifies our visitors, it is collected anonymously.
- “Functionality” Cookies allow to remember the choice of user settings and personalization of the user interface, for example, in terms of language or region, font size of the user, page, etc …;
- “Behavioral advertising” Cookies allow you to send more advertising content to users in accordance with their interests.
5. Agronews uses Google Analytics, which uses the Identification files of Agronews Portal Users to count the number of visitors and their preferences as consumers. It allows Agronews to make the content of the Portal more relevant and interesting to meet the interests and preferences of users. Information from Identification files is stored on Google, and this information is later used by Agronews to evaluate the use of the Portal and create reports about operation of the website.
6. In many cases, the software used to browse web pages (browser) allows you to store cookies on the user’s final equipment by default. Users of the service can change settings for the Identification files at any time. These parameters can be changed to block the automatic processing of cookies in a web browser or to report about cookies every time a user requests portal services. More information about the ways and methods of processing Identification files is available in the settings of the user software (web browser).
8. Identification files posted by the user can also be used by advertisers and partners of the Portal.
9. In some cases, especially in conditions when cookies are not supported, other similar technologies designed to interact with the user may be used.
10. The Portal Administration does its best to protect the Argonews Portal and our users from unauthorized attempts to access, modify, disclose or destroy stored data. In particular, following measures are taken:
- SSL encryption is used in our services actively,
- the ways of collecting, storing and processing data, including physical security measures, are continuously being improved to counter unauthorized access to our systems,
- Limited access for employees, contractors and agents is practiced; and strict contractual obligations are applied, for violation of which there are serious penalties.
11. For more information about Cookies, visit following websites:
12. HOW TO DISCONNECT COOKIE.
The settings for each browser are contained in the documentation.
Refusal of third-party cookies, such as Google Analytics, can be made on the Google site. Also, the restriction on the use of "pixels", "web beacons", for example, social networks, can be made in the security settings of social networks.
Agronews does not bear any responsibility in case of inability to use the Portal Services because of the restriction of the use of cookie technology.